Monday, August 4, 2008

Breakfast!

Well, breakfast has always been a tough one for me. I usually don't have much time to make very much on a work day. Here's what I came up with.

I buy all organic goods,
  1. Granola (I buy it in bulk and prefer "Ginger Snap")
  2. Plain Whole Yogurt (I buy Stonyfield)
  3. Frozen fruit (Wyman is a good economical brand and I get mixed berries)
  4. Honey (I buy it at a local farmer's market from a local beekeeper)

First a half cup of the granola in bottom of my bowl. Then spoon about a cup of the yogurt on top, a quarter cup of the fruit thawed and a drizzle (about 1 tsp) over it all. Eat!

I was doing a flavored yogurt (Strawberry) but my Practitioner said it has too much sugar. She suggested plain yogurt with fruit added. The yogurt is needed to build up "flora" which due to a penicillin thing I was given, ruined my digestion.

This is a simple and satisfying "light" breakfast with plenty of good nutrition!

1 comment:

Justine said...

nice breakfast! tasty and healthy, just what I like.